Wednesday, January 7, 2009

UN 99.9% sure Israel is lying

UN rejects claim on school
THE UN has disputed claims that Hamas militants fired mortars from the Gaza school that has suffered the deadliest attack of the war with Israel.
Three shells hit Fakhura, a girls elementary school in the Jabalya refugee camp in northern Gaza, at about 3pm on Tuesday (12am yesterday), according to UN Relief and Works Agency spokesman Christopher Gunness. At least 43 people were killed and 55 wounded in the school, where hundreds of Palestinians had sought refuge from the fighting, pushing the Palestinian death toll above 680 since the conflict began on December 27. Two people were killed when an artillery shell hit a UN school in the southern city of Khan Younis. Three people also died in an air strike on another UN school in Gaza City's Shati refugee camp in the centre of the strip.

John Ging, the top UN refugee official in Gaza, said UN staff and Palestinian families in the school compound had been screened for weapons, and he disputed Israel's claim that mortars were fired from inside. "As far as we are concerned, that is not true, but if Israel has evidence of that they need to provide it to an independent inquiry," Mr Ging said. He added: "There's nowhere safe in Gaza. Everyone here is terrorised and traumatised." Speaking after an initial investigation last night, Mr Gunness denied militants were at the school: "We are 99.9 per cent sure that there were no militants or militant activities in the school and the school compound."

Right so Israel bombs 3 UN schools and the UN are 99.9% sure that there were no mortars fired from inside the compound meaning that Israel is lying about their justification that left 30 dead. How dirty does this massacre have to get and to suggest that creating a 3 hour cease fire so Palestinians can bury their dead is ‘Humanatarian’ borders now on the Orwellian. The outright bias towards Israel by most mainstream media is eye opening.

Major mobilization for justice in Palestine this Saturday, 12noon, Aotea Square, Auckland.

No comments: